The Garner Green House, which was threatened by demolition in the early 1980s, is one of the last remaining turn-of-the century neoclassical mansions that once lined State Street. The house was built in 1910 by Garner W. Green, a prominent timber and oil attorney residing in Jackson.
Due to its historical significance, several local individuals and organizations campaigned for its survival, and the building was physically moved across State Street to its current location in 1983. It was renovated and used as office rental space for various businesses until purchased by Molpus Woodlands Group. Once purchased by Molpus, extensive work was completed to restore the interior décor to its original splendor and to repair the structural integrity of the building, bringing it into compliance for its eventual listing on the National Register of Historic Places.